Hi All

I'm off for a break and I'm leaving a couple of key imports partially
complete so I thought it best to give you an update of where I'm at:

Trees

47,000 imported so far (out of a total approx 76,000)- none north of the M6
which I've left for Andy R. Less than 0.1% (estimate) are positioned in
roads or front gardens - a slight improvement of either the road or landuse
alignment fixes these.  Before any import I've deleted any roadside trees
added from aerial imagery. There were only 4 trees in the West Midlands
tagged with species information - all monkey puzzle trees tagged by AndyR
and all N of the M6. There are trees in the database that have been cut
down - I think the field value is  "asset to be de-accrued"  and there  a
few labelled as "pre-contract stumps". I'm generally just doing a blanket
import and will clean these up later, unless it's an area I know well where
I'm deleting them manually.

Naptan bus-stops

All pre-existing OSM  bus stops have been upgraded with new naming format,
route_ref, and Towards tags, and OSM position left intact. All pre-existing
naptan nodes in OSM  without the bus stop tag have had the bus stop tag
added as well. Their position obviously will not have been verified by
survey, but this method offfers completeness

All pre-existing OSM bus stops that have been deleted in naptan have had
the highway=bus_stop tag removed and a note added explaining what's
happened. Feel free to delete any you come across.

All new CUS stops have been imported (approx 230)- mainly because they
don't render. A gradual review will be necessary as I've found in areas
that  I know  well that many of these now have poles and should be MKD in
the naptan data, and I've tagged them as bus stops where I've surveyed them.

I'm gradually working through the approx 300 OSM "orphan bus stops" that
have been surveyed but have no naptan tags. So you'll still see some
duplicates in places. Where this is the case transfer any extra tags like
shelter present and shelter ref no to the adjacent naptan node and delete
the orphan. In most cases where I've done this the OSM position of the
orphan node is better than naptan so move the naptan node to the position
of the orphan

 Some of the OSM pre-exisitng bus stops are nothing to do with naptan (e.g
NEC and Airport car park shuttles) so I'm tagging these with naptan=no.
About 20 of these so far

Any bus stops where I find there is a discrepancy beween naptan and OSM I'm
tagging with naptan_refresh=query (most of  these have been Ring and Ride
stops, or poles flagged physically with NOT IN USE). About 40 of these so
far.

That leaves about 800 new bus stops which are yet to be imported. Some of
these will match "orphan bus-stops". The remainder I'm hesitant to import
as they're either poorly positioned or just don't exist. So it's probably
going to be a long manual comparison slog. Or we live with this level of
questionable data and import them

Around the larger interchanges and bus stations  I've been adding a
stop_area relation and adding the public_transport=platform tags to the bus
stops. NB these are topographical areas and have no relation to naptan stop
areas

The last task remains to import the data on shelters, which I'll be getting
from TfWM towards the end of April

Bus Lanes

TfWM are asking local authorities other than Birmingham (which I've already
added- but we do need the times for adding conditional tags which can only
be done with surveys)) for their bus lane data. So far I have shapefiles
for Wolverhampton. Does anyone fancy adding these?

Regards

Brian