There's a few Sustran's volunteer "Rangers" within the OSM community,
myself included. We've tried various approaches to them with very
little success. They seem to like having sucky maps on their website,
charging a small fortune for maps that would be mostly unnecessary if
the routes were properly signed, and just use OS maps with wild
abandon internally. In fact, one of the staff from Sustrans offered me
their entire OS-derived mapping database if I wanted it, and I got
nowhere explaining to him why that wouldn't be allowed.

They seem fairly good at cycle routes and dreadful at all things maps,
and a classic example of why going out and doing stuff (us mapping the
network in less than a year) is often better than evangelizing (since
they still don't want to help nor understand us), and also why
self-delusion about the wonderful day that someone will turn round and
open the OS data simply is a waste of time perpetuated by British
newspapers who could be supporting and promoting OSM instead.

Cheers,
Andy