It will be great when Sustran can make the decision to ditch their crappy
online map system (takes about half a day to load 1 tile) and use
OpenCycleMap in some way.

I started to read through that forum thread, it's really interesting and
good to see other people getting involved. I even spotted someone from Devon
going for mapping their area, wonderful to have hope that the West Country
will eventually be mapped.

Gregory Marler

2009/1/5 Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net>

> Gregory Williams wrote:
>
> > I'll be cycling most of NCR1 this summer as part of a round Britain
> > cycle trip :-). So there will be only very short sections unmapped
> > after that (if any). I'll also be covering some of the other
> > unmapped NCN routes for parts of my trip.
>
> Wow, sounds excellent. Let us know your itinerary when you know it so
> the rest of us can plan our 2009 explorations accordingly!
>
> If you're going through South Wales, it might be more fruitful from a
> mapping point of view to follow NCN47 (largely unmapped) from
> Carmarthen to Llanelli. And I'd recommend NCN47 from Fishguard to
> Carmarthen, even though it's fully mapped: the journey over the
> Preseli Hills is much more enjoyable IMO than the coastal route.
>
> cheers
> Richard

Gregory
nomoregra...@gmail.com