From: talk-gb-boun...@openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-gb-boun...@openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Gregory
Sent: 6 January 2009 00:37
To: Richard Fairhurst
Cc: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Sustrans long-distance routes

It will be great when Sustran can make the decision to ditch their
crappy online map system (takes about half a day to load 1 tile) and use
OpenCycleMap in some way.

I started to read through that forum thread, it's really interesting and
good to see other people getting involved. I even spotted someone from
Devon going for mapping their area, wonderful to have hope that the West
Country will eventually be mapped.

Gregory Marler

2009/1/5 Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net>

Gregory Williams wrote:

> I'll be cycling most of NCR1 this summer as part of a round Britain
> cycle trip :-). So there will be only very short sections unmapped
> after that (if any). I'll also be covering some of the other
> unmapped NCN routes for parts of my trip.

Wow, sounds excellent. Let us know your itinerary when you know it so
the rest of us can plan our 2009 explorations accordingly!

If you're going through South Wales, it might be more fruitful from a
mapping point of view to follow NCN47 (largely unmapped) from
Carmarthen to Llanelli. And I'd recommend NCN47 from Fishguard to
Carmarthen, even though it's fully mapped: the journey over the
Preseli Hills is much more enjoyable IMO than the coastal route.

cheers
Richard

Gregory
nomoregra...@gmail.com