On 27 Jul 2009, at 15:02, Jonathan Bennett wrote:

> Furthermore, unless the group has based its maps on OSM in the first
> place, the chances are there will be a derived data problem -- who
> owns
> the original mapping the routes were plotted against?
>
> If there are signposts on the route, fair enough. If not, our only
> source of data is a copyright publication.

I'm guessing this part of it wouldn't matter as you're not deriving
lat/lons from a map, you're saying "this route goes down Church Road
which is way 3423 in OSM, then Station Road which is way 353234 in
OSM, etc.". Copyright issues from the group would obviously still
count, unless he's got permission of course.

John