On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM, John McKerrell<j...@mckerrell.net> wrote:

> How about a bus route? Though there's bus stops along the way there's
> no arrows or anything like that saying "bus route goes this way". Not
> trying to be difficult, just wondering.

I can verify which way the number 37 bus goes approximately 60 times a
day more often than I can verify where the high tide line is :-)

I like to think of the scenario where if two OSMers disagree could a
third member join them both at the place in question and arbitrate.
With bus routes that's possible. With unofficial cycle routes, that's
often not. I'm not saying that *only* information verifiable
on-the-ground is acceptable, but it certainly a strong indicator that
it's acceptable.

And for some reason, the third person is always Andy Robinson in my
mind. Curious.

Cheers,
Andy