John McKerrell wrote:
> How about a bus route? Though there's bus stops along the way there's no
> arrows or anything like that saying "bus route goes this way". Not
> trying to be difficult, just wondering.

There are some people in the OSM community who argue that bus routes
shouldn't be in the DB, putting forward that argument, and also that bus
routes can and do change.

However, you can verify a bus route by sitting on one. The stops
themselves are also evidence of a route, even though they don't describe
it perfectly.

Ideally we wouldn't store the routes themselves in OSM, since we can
never be the authoritative source; Instead whoever does set the routes
should make them available in OSM format so you can render them on a map.

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)