It's potentially better, but still wrong though. For a start I've come
across several cases of two postboxes with different refs that are located
side-by-side. It's a bit of a lottery whether it'll tie up the correct ref
here. Also, I've seen several instances of bad data in the Dracos set, e.g.
a postbox in the middle of a farmer's field, and another out at sea. Tying
up to a dodgy location in the first place will just result in dodgy data.

Personally I don't want to see the Dracos data imported into OSM either.
We've got plenty of people mapping on the ground now and we only need a
little patience to have mapped all of the boxes directly. As has been
mentioned before, the process of hunting down an elusive postbox often has
the benefit of some other missing feature getting mapped as well, just
because you happen to be in the neighbourhood.

Gregory