On 8 March 2010 02:23, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:

> So I had a look at the map and have identified a few that could be
> ticked off in an afternoon by nearby mappers.

Thanks, it's good to make OSM to-do lists for everybody, like the UK Mapping
Priorities list.

> - *To complete NCN 3*: St Austell to Truro is only partly mapped

Hmm, possible I might do this in May.

> - *To complete the C2C*: Forest section near Keswick - the one gap in
> our coverage of the NCN's most popular route!

The end of the mapped route is marked on the ground by some blood and
ambulance track marks. Thankfully not mine and OSM on Garmin showed me there
was a cafe with a phone across the road (beating the tunnel vision Sustrans
route map) when there was no phone signal. I think the route and/or the
signs might be confused around there, but it could maybe be worked out by
someone who had OSM on their task list.

The C2C also has an alternative start point of Workington (instead of
Whitehaven) and there is a large section of that from Cockermouth to
wherever it joins missing.

I have no plans to repeat the C2C in the next year, but I recommend it to
others.

--
Gregory
o...@livingwithdragons.com