On 11 May 2010 11:58, Nick Whitelegg <nick.whitel...@solent.ac.uk> wrote:
> It's my intention to ask about the whole "path" issue (will they release
> footpaths; definitive maps; derived data) at the presentation tomorrow
> evening (see other message).

There are some interesting comments from OS about why they didn't /
couldn't include footpath / Public Rights of Way (PRoW) data in any of
the OS OpenData products in the comments at
http://blog.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/2010/04/os-opendata-goes-live/

Apparently OS regards the PRoW data as containing IP belonging to the
local authorities (who maintain the definitive maps), and so were
unable to release them as part of OpenData. There is an agreement that
allows OS to include PRoW data in their Explorer and Landranger Maps.

--
Robert Whittaker