On 3 August 2010, Dave Fox wrote:

 To check, are the OSM names corroborative with the Royal Mail list?

 It's mixed.  The Royal Mai list I have is something they put on their
website when they changed all our postcodes a few years ago.  It doesn't
have the qualifiers like 'The Doles (East)' it just has 'The Doles'. But
it is correct about Mill Road, rather than Hill Road.  This is presumably
a typo that crept into OS at some stage (and is copied by Google Maps)
The RM list has abandoned all apostrophes.  Of course it only has roads
that they deliver mail to, so farm tracks are not included.

Personally, I would have no problem adding these to OSM.
I think OSL is more accurate than the RM.
Just because there's no sign on the ground it doesn't mean its nameless.

I take data from OS as evidence that there is a name for a road/track etc.

 I'm happy with that where I know a road exists, and I have added names to
the farm tracks around the village.  But putting roads on OSM without
actually verifying that they exists, that's another debate :)