On 4 February 2011 11:53, Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com> wrote:

> Peter Miller <peter.miller@...> writes:
>
> >I am aware that we still have many place names missing (available as open
> data
> >in the NatGaz file released by Traveline/DfT).
>
> Place name nodes are a useful thing to have for address searches and should
> not
> raise any objections about messing up existing data, provided they're added
> only
> if there isn't an existing place node within 10km.  So I would suggest
> importing
> this data if it is of reasonably high quality.

Feel free to do so! The data in NatGaz has been available for over a year
and no one has done so yet. I don't have time to get involved at this point
and I only raised it to illustrate that we have a lot of datasets to deal
with.

Edubase has a license that is completely unsuitable at present btw. You can
download it for free but can't then 'disseminate or sell it'.

Peter