Tom Chance <tom@...> writes:

>[Southwark council using OSM]

>Alas, they were considering this for some time but really wanted a dataset with
>building outlines and I've been too slow in my mass-tracing efforts. In the end
>they went for a third party product based on OS Mastermap.

Out of interest do you know how precise they wanted building outlines?  In other
words might they have been satisified with the blocky rectangles of OS Street
View, or would manual tracing from Bing be needed, or would even that be too
poor-quality?

I wonder if it would be possible to simply purchase the building outlines from
OS for the borough of Southwark and import them into OSM.  I suppose they would
want a ton of money for that.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>