On 23/03/2011 11:18, Dave F. wrote:
Hi

I've noticed a couple few ways being tagged with designation= Other Route with Public Access (or just ORPA)

I've never heard of that as a legal designation (of an England / Wales right of way) or seen such a sign. If I saw it on a way in OSM I'd just interpret it as "not designated". According to the JXAPI, there are none near me, so I'm not likely to encounter one.

FWIW GB "tagwatch" reckons 11 "**Other Route with Public Access**" and 46 "**ORPA**". Is it just just one or two mappers? If so, I'd ask them what they meant.

Cheers,
Andy