On 9 April 2011 08:15, Peter Miller <peter.mil...@itoworld.com
        <mailto:peter.mil...@itoworld.com>
        <mailto:peter.mil...@itoworld.com
        <mailto:peter.mil...@itoworld.com>>> wrote:

           We seem to be nudging towards something close to a conclusion.

           Can I suggest that the following two methods are valid, however
           the second one should be considered to be 'better' and
        where it is
           used then it should be retained to avoid edit warring.

           Method 2
        maxspeed=60 mph
        maxspeed:type=GB:rural
        source:maxspeed=survey

Great - someone has now changed a bunch of "maxspeed=national" locally to me to to "maxspeed=60 mph". Next I guess someone will come along and add "source:maxspeed=i_was_sat_in_my_armchair_and_it_seemed_like_a_good_idea" or similar?

We've lost the information that the sign is actually NOT a 60 mph sign. Something like method 2 above would have avoided losing information (although "GB:rural" is meaningless; if pushed, "GB:national" or some variant would be better).

Cheers,
Andy