Thank TimsSC - I knew it wouldn't be simple! :(

Where do we stand if I manually create a way (i.e. by tracing from Bing
imagery or by surveying it) and then refer to this published definitive
map to determine if it is a designated footpath/bridleway/BOAT? (And
possibly get other details that could be used in tags/notes like an
identifier).

Presumably this would be using the council's data and we would need some
form of agreement with them?

(God how I hate licensing/copyright issues!)

If anyone has already had any contact with Northumberland council about
this can they shout out?
If we do need to contact them I wouldn't want to just go over old
ground.

GrahamS