Steve Doerr <doerr.stephen@...> writes:

>I wonder if the good folks at ITO could devise a way to analyse the
>not:name tags in the database and see whether any of them are now
>redundant? In other words, are the OS correcting any of the mistakes we
>appear to have identified?

It would be cool to see a comparison the other way round: testing the OS data
for accuracy using OSM as a reference.  In inner London I think there are about
5% of names missing from OS - mostly semi-private drives or estates, but
nonetheless signposted and addressable - so I think they would score no higher
than 95%.

(OS Street View is a bit better, I'd say that only about 2% of roads that exist
are missing from it, and the 'false positive rate' of Street View showing a road
where nothing is on the ground is almost nil.  It's not as easy to do automated
comparisons however.  These numbers are totally off the top of my head and apply
to London only.)

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>