On 10/06/2011 13:17, Ed Avis wrote:
Richard Fairhurst<richard@...>  writes:

This is no doubt true.
But surely having an area that has been *surveyed* to 100% road name
completion is just as likely to put off any new contributors as one that
was *traced* to 100%?
I think we all agree that reaching 100% completeness with a collection of people
doing diverse surveying methods (and even aerial tracing) is much better than
reaching 90% completeness by importing.

Grr. "100% road name completion" has become in this thread "100% completeness". There already exists one source of 100% OS-compatible maps - the OS itself. Why we need another one is unclear to me.

BTW sorry Ed - I'm not attacking you directly - it's just that the general thrust in some of the mails here seems to be that mapping the names of roads is all that matters. I'm sure that that's not what you meant (but I suspect that it is true for some of the people tracing blindly from OSSV) - it's just that your posting was the most obvious one to reply to.

Cheers,
Andy