Seeing as it's Charles Dicken's 200th Birthday soon,
http://www.charlesdickensbirthplace.co.uk/charles-dickens/charles-dickens-200

I thought I should get around to mapping the Blue and other Coloured Plaques in
my area of Portsmouth, especially as there's one at his birthplace.

However OSM seems a little vague in the best way to tag them, as there's
nothing recommended in the wiki AFAIK.

TagInfo has some clues of in use methods

He's my planned tagging scheme:

Basic:

historic=memorial
landmark=memorial_plaque
memorial_plaque:colour=blue|brown|whatever|RGB code?
name='name' - just the name of the person / organization the plaque is about eg
'Charles Dickens'

Optional Extended Detail:

openplaques:id=number
description='full inscription text' - without operator information
operator='civic society name' | 'local council name' | whatever if known
start_date= date plaque was erected if known

It would be really good if the only existing map I know of - that uses OSM data
- could be expanded to cover the whole of the UK:

http://mappa-mercia.org/blue-plaques-map.shtml

(Or maybe a bit more information on how the 'blue-plaques.tsv' was created to
power that map).

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.