> I have stated to map the 60ish p laques (mostly blue) in Hull and
> update the openplaques site too. I wrote a blog about it earlier this
> month http://chris-osm.blogspot.com/2012/01/plaques-blue-or-not.html .
> It seems there is a plaque to Dickens here too, though I haven't
> checked it out yet. I'm creating a small-scale tourism site including
> blue plaques and other memorials such statues.

Interesting read - thanks.

Yeah, Dickens seemed to get about!

> I use historic=memorial, memorial=blue_plaque, description=summary,
> openplaques:id=* I will happily change if there is a consensus, but the
> blog and comments show some issues. Many a wiki page would help discuss
> the issue (now I feel dirty).

I feel as long as the information is there, then we can always run some
auto/manual conversions to the latest scheme to make it easy/obvious for data
consumers.

The landmark = memorial_plaque came from the 'landmark wiki page'

If we agree on things up front it makes it simpler.

I was thinking about making a initial Wiki page, perhaps after some discussion
here.
I choose talk-GB, as mostly these plaques are GB (over 5000 exist according to
OpenPlaques), rather than the wider tagging mail list for a start point.