Rovastar wrote:
> "Fos­ton Hat­ton Hilton Bypass", etc  don't as far I I know appear on
> the ground however I think the some record should appear in
> OSM. I am worried about the trend in this case of placing them
> as the "name" of the road as what reference point would people
> use for these.

Having lived near there (part time) for six years, certainly I never heard
anyone call it that.

I tend to tag C-roads with admin_ref rather than ref, on the basis that it's
a reference for administrative purposes rather than general usage. By the
same token, maybe admin_name would work here, or something like it.

cheers
Richard