>This may be a matter of style but it seems that both Highway=Service and
>Highway=Track are used for the access highways to farms and also residential
>properties in rural areas.  I must admit I was using High=Track based on
>>whether it was paved (tarmac) or not.  i.e. tarmac would suggest
>Highway=Service but looking closer at the wiki it appears that Highway=Service
>isn't dependent on this.  It would also appear that there has been an import
>(source tag) that has tagged Highway=Service in some areas for Farm access.

I would generally always use highway=surface for these, plus surface=unpaved if
necessary.

The exception is where it appears to be a public road rather than private
drive. Diagnostic features for this would include "Give Way" markers on the
road, the "T" no through road sign, or a road name.
In these cases I would use highway=unclassified.

Ncik