Rob Nickerson wrote:

    I'd like to be able to run through all issues of the Bartholomew half inch
    series but even the ones already available are a start.

Lester,

Are you aware that Bartholomew half inch maps for Scotland, England and Wales
are available online at http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/ ? If yes, then can you
please explain to me (in simple terms :-) ) exactly what you would like. Is it
that you would like to see the issues from other years so that you can see how
things have evolved on the ground?

NLS has a couple of editions, but there are several editions and yes I'm looking to the evolution of areas over time.
http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Bartholomew+Cloth

Thanks,
Rob

p.s. We should be able to get this view added to JOSM and other editors with
ease if it is not already there.

Yes I've been using a number of historic layers already.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL