Sent from my android device so the quoting is crap!

-----Original Message-----
From: SomeoneElse <li...@mail.atownsend.org.uk>
To: "talk-gb@openstreetmap.org" <talk-gb@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 12:16
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Urban Mixed Access Ways and Barriers (restricted to
motor vehicles, open to foot)

OpenStreetmap HADW wrote:
> I keep coming across cases where marking the access to a way based on
> primary category will imply that the way is not suitable for use on
> foot.  That becomes particularly interesting with barriers, as in
> those cases, the sidewalk may bypass the barrier.

In that instance isn't there effectively a short footway that runs
parallel to the short piece of road that has the barrier on it?

Micro mapping would add the 'sidewalks' as separate ways and ideally that is
the way forward, but there are still roads where foot traffic share the blocked
vehical way ...