(The aim of this email is to provide prior knowledge of an upcoming
change to the
OSM website and to give you an opportunity to provide constructive feedback)

(I posted this email to the "talk" mailing list last Tuesday. Since
then we had some
great feedback and changes have been made to the design. As we move
closer to this
change, I felt it appropriate to communicate this change to the local GB list.)

Hi All,

Today the updated design for the main OpenStreetMap.org website is nearly
ready to be rolled out. You can view a demo
atredesign.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org and you can read about the
latest
changes on the “pull request” at:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/498#issuecomment-28309700

This is the cumulation of many months of work starting with Saman's
presentation at State of the Map US 2013. Obviously I realise that not
everyone has the time to search for all the background in the mailing lists
and "github pull request" so to help I have collated the video and slides
from both SotM US 2013 and SotM 2013
athttp://2013.stateofthemap.org/blog/upcoming-changes-openstreetmaporg-website/

Please take a minute or two to give it a try – both positive feedback and
constructive criticism is welcomed.

Note: The test server running at the link below is separate from the
rest of the osm.org website. As such, you will need to set up new
user account if you want to test out how the website functions for
logged in users. Furthermore the history results will not show much!
http://redesign.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org

Regards,
RobJN

Final acceptance is by the OpenStreetMap Foundation and it's Working
Groups. The work of the Foundation and the Working Groups is explained
at:http://2013.stateofthemap.org/blog/work-openstreetmap-foundation/