On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:53:15 +0000
Nick Whitelegg <nick.whitel...@solent.ac.uk> wrote:

> Pragmatically though is it really going to do any harm? Particularly
> if we are just adding a designation tag rather than using the HCC
> data to identify the course of a path?

If you only interested in path designation (and possibly ref) wouldn't
it make more sense to ask the council to release the definitive
statements under the OGL? Given that the OS has publicly announced that
it asserts no copyright over them and HCC is willing to release RoW
data as "OpenData" I don't foresee this being too hard to achieve and
it would eliminate any risk for OSM.

Andy Street