On 15/01/2014 17:49, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
On 15 January 2014 16:03, John Aldridge <j...@jjdash.demon.co.uk> wrote:
If I believed there was a snowflake in hell's chance of getting
amenity=post_depot objects displayed on the default map, I'd be more
sympathetic, but as it is I think I'd prefer something like...

If everyone followed that reasoning, there would never be any new tags
created! Besides, deliberately tagging known-not-to-be-a-post-office
objects as post offices is incorrectly tagging for the renderer.

I do understand your position, but I don't think that's a fair criticism of mine. These things *are* post offices by the definition in the Wiki, so I don't think it's unreasonable to tag them that way.

--
Cheers,
John