On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, at 05:59 PM, John Aldridge wrote:
> On 15/01/2014 17:49, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
> > On 15 January 2014 16:03, John Aldridge <j...@jjdash.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >> If I believed there was a snowflake in hell's chance of getting
> >> amenity=post_depot objects displayed on the default map, I'd be more
> >> sympathetic, but as it is I think I'd prefer something like...
> >
> > If everyone followed that reasoning, there would never be any new tags
> > created! Besides, deliberately tagging known-not-to-be-a-post-office
> > objects as post offices is incorrectly tagging for the renderer.
>
> I do understand your position, but I don't think that's a fair criticism
> of mine. These things *are* post offices by the definition in the Wiki,
> so I don't think it's unreasonable to tag them that way.

Then maybe the definition in the Wiki should be modified to correspond
to what most people will intuitively see as a post office?

I would say that a post office is not only a place where you can send
*or* collect letters and parcels, but rather a place where you can send
letters and parcels (including buying stamps and weighting your
parcels), *and possibly* collect letters and parcels.