Stuart,

If you would like to start in Swanley, that would be fine with me. I don't know about my neighbouring mappers, but I certainly use tools to check what edits are taking place in areas I have an interest. I strongly suggest you keep the area small, and use my area as a guinea pig, perhaps detailing what your aim is on a wiki page.

As you've gathered 'mass imports' are something we all dread as we've put so much time & effort into producing something useful, and we don't want to see it trampled.

If you've got the route data available to you, you'll probably find that most of the 'not physically present' relate to the route now going elsewhere, which is why I've got bus stops elsewhere without NaPTAN data. It does get more complicated as I have two or more authorities involved.

It's good to talk - I'll let you know if I'm unhappy & you're welcome to contact me if you have a query.

Regards & Good luck.

Nick (Tallguy)