On 31/07/14 18:31, Chris Hill wrote:
> I'd be particularly interested if any council has used the improved OSM
> data to bring their feed into NaPTAN up to scratch, and if not why not?

As the naptan data has a nice unique identifier then it should be
possible to do a clean compare of what is on OSM and the raw naptan
data? If the location of a node is distance from the raw data, this can
be tagged, and if other fields have updated then this data can be
updated on OSM. Import wise, if a node already exists, then it would be
dropped from a new import. This data really is a nice example that could
be developed with data management tools that would then be usable with
other data sets such as lamp posts, post boxes, telephone distribution
cabinets and the like?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL