On 23 Oct 2014 11:48, "SK53" <sk53....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Further to my previous mail. I have added a section about bookmakers on
the UK Retail Chain page which I set up recently (at least in part to make
it easier to know what the consensus tagging was for various chains).

That's a great page, I was just thinking of creating something like this.

I agree solving the tail values is useful too. I started yesterday already
with adding OSM Notes for all elements in the tail of Asda, Tesco and Aldi.

In the case of bookmakers, I think it's good to have the bookmaker/betting
controversy out of the way before looking at the tail.

> Note that we have a long way to go before we have all UK bookmaker shops
mapped (only around 10% of Ladbrokes). I'll seek figures for the other
chains.

I heard from many mappers that they are confused by the different tagging
options for shops, so having a page with all shop types of chain stores
hopefully also enables more mappers to start mapping shops.

-- Matthijs