On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 12:26 +0100, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
> On 23 October 2014 12:19, SK53 <sk53....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The geojson can be converted into a shp file and read into PL2 or JOSM. Most
> > useful is to use this to generate a task list in JOSM and step through them
> > (I've done this to find postal delivery offices (based on places with lots
> > of overlapping postcodes, and then looking for car parks full of red vans))
> > and for Co-op shops (which suffer from a plethora of names despite current
> > branding being "The Co-operative XXX" where XXX is usually Food or Pharmacy
> > (not for much longer).
>
> I'm not sure if this can be done without local knowledge. For the
> Tesco-cleanup, I was caught (by you in fact) proposing a Tesco
> building as supermarket while it in fact as a Tesco Petrol station.
> And I also spotted (not in the UK) a fireworks shop named 'Lidl'.

Tesco also operate a chain of smaller shops, Tesco Express which I would
tag as shop=convenience rather than supermarket.

Sainsburys, likewise have Sainsburys Local which are also convenience
stores.

Your note on the Tesco recycling facility did make me laugh though.

Until recently Tesco did have automatic recycling machines, which gave
you loyalty points for aluminum drinks cans. These have now (locally at
least) been removed and replaced with more traditional recycling bins.

https://p10.secure.hostingprod.com/@spyblog.org.uk/ssl/london_cyberpunk_tourist_guide/images/Tesco_count_the_CCTV_cameras_450.jpg

Phil (trigpoint)