On 04/11/14 20:01, Andy Street wrote:
>> The 'name' is 'Brantano Footwear' unless there IS something different
>> > on the signage, and the 'operator' is 'Brantano (UK) Ltd'.
> Trade marks appear to use "Brantano" rather than "Brantano
> Footwear":
>
> http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmtext.htm
>
>> > I'd avoid using 'brand' since even the web site makes a big thing of
>> > the brands that they supply, and Brantano is just one of many brands.
> brand="Brantano" (or "Brantano Footwear") is perfectly correct. You are
> confusing the branding of the store with the branding of the products
> it sells.

The original company name was Brantano Footwear when the first shops
were set up, and these have never been 'rebranded' back to just
Brantano, however there is a concerted use of Brantano as the brand name
for shoes produced by Brantano Footwear and sold in Brantano Footwear shops.

But I'm sure an email to their press office would get a definitive
statement on that ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL