On 05/11/2014 17:24, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
Could you please have a look at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Math1985/UK_Shop_Names
if there are any other changes that need removing or changing?

"Wilkinson" we know are in a process of rebranding to "Wilko"; so I might be tempted there to add notes to ask if a particular shop has been rebranded yet. Just changing "Wilkinsons" to "Wilkinson" might suggest that you know that a particular shop was "Wilkinson" on a certain date, which isn't the case.

"Thompson" is also a very common name; I'd be wary of changing those without a local survey.

"Phones 4u" shops I'd expect would need resurvey due to the administration.

I'd be very careful with "Majestic" to avoid e.g. curry houses.

Cheers,

Andy