On 2 November 2014 13:24, Matthijs Melissen <i...@matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:
> Because I think
> it is important to act as carefully as possible when executing
> automatic edits, I have stopped the voting, and will bring this
> proposal back to the discussion phase.

Thank you all for your input.

From the discussion, it appears that there are diverging opinions on
the use of capitals in Aldi, Spar, Lidl, and Asda. I therefore think
that it is not appropriate to carry out an automatic edit at this
point, and I have removed these shops from the proposal.

The same holds for Brantano Footwear. It seems the company is not
consistent in the way they call themselves, so an automatic edit is
not applicable. The same holds for Maplin Electronics versus Maplin,
B&M Bargains versus B&M, Carphone Warehouse versus The Carphone
Warehouse, Cotsworld Outdoor versus Cotsworld, and Three versus 3. All
of them I have removed from the proposal as well.

Could you please have a look at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Math1985/UK_Shop_Names
if there are any other changes that need removing or changing?

If not, I will open up a poll again to see if the proposal has
sufficient support.

-- Matthijs