On 19/02/15 10:58, Gervase Markham wrote:
On 18/02/15 13:52, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
In the immediate future, it won't have much effect, since we already
had separate permission to use all but one of the OS Open Data
products. The exception was CodePoint Open. Once OS updates their
licence page
(http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-and-government/licensing/using-creating-data-with-os-products/os-opendata.html
still refers to the OS OpenData Licence) then we should be able to
make use of CodePoint Open too.

Hallelujah! Does that mean that openstreetmap.org would finally be able
to find postcodes when I type them in?

Why would it make any difference? As far as I know Nominatim already uses the Codepoint Open data?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/