Robert wrote:
>I think that would be jumping the gun slightly. What I understand from
>OS's answer to me, is that previously released datasets will remain
>under the OS-ODL, and there is no automatic retrospective change of
>the licence.

I think you are overly risk averse in this case and it could limit
interesting uses of this data. The risk all along was that the OS could
take offence to how we are using the data (the local authorities we forced
to use the OS OpenData licence when they just wanted to make the data
available as open). Yeah of course the OS cannot retrospectively change the
licence of things released in the past but the fact that they have removed
the licence text from their website and put a url redirect to the OGL
suggests to me that the OS OpenData licence is dead. The risk is gone so
lets not pretend otherwise as it will just send a negative message to our
community.

In time we can and should ask each LA to use the new licence but this
shouldn't stop anyone from using the data now.

Rob