On 27 July 2015 at 09:06, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> With the discussion on a more self contained 'UK' group I'd like to
> highlight one area that is becoming perhaps more urgent for some of us,
> the idea of a UK style tile set.

I also think it's a good idea for the UK to create there own rendering
server, just like German/France/the Netherlands have their own
rendering servers. I agree this is getting even more urgent now the
default rendering is becoming less UK-centric.

If you would like any technical help with this, please let me know and
I'll try to assist where I can.

One thing I'd like to warn for is not to underestimate the time it
takes to create a rendering, or even to make changes to an existing
rendering.

I hope this project will be a success, and indeed I look forward to
the moment the default style can start borrowing idea from the UK
style! In the past - in the past we have already been borrowing ideas
from the French rendering.

-- Matthijs