On 28/01/16 13:34, Stuart Reynolds wrote:

There is an area of Nottingham called The Park that is a private estate.
At present, all of the roads on the estate are tagged as
access=destination. However, my client at Nottingham City Council
informs me that “there is definitely pedestrian access /through/ The
Park” [my italics], while another colleague tells me that “having lived
for many years on a gated private road, my interpretation of the signs
[viewable on Streetview] is that the road and vehicular access is
private, but there is an unimpeded pedestrian right of way in this
example in Notts (as there was where I lived in the past)”.

The whole question of The Park is well known in OSM circles...

Jerry will probably be along in a bit to give you chapter and verse on the question - as I recall there was some sort of planning enquiry relating to the question of rights of way there to which he and possibly some other OSMers gave evidence.

Certainly in general we have a particularly active community in the Nottingham area so it's always worth talking to them about any local issues.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/