Sorry for replying to the other director-power thread before seeing this
more recent one.

The decision made in the meeting seems like a sensible one, and goes with
Richard's advise to make the AoA very permissive.

To help the member-led intention, we should perhaps be aiming to treat the
directors more as trustees and the ones that can "sign the cheque book" or
pass the cheque book to others as needed.

Gregory.

On 25 April 2016 at 14:51, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:

> Rob Nickerson wrote:
> > The poll we did last year (?) suggested that the OpenStreetMap UK
> > community want to be involved in decision making. My suggestion is
> > that, if this is the culture we want to breed then the Articles should
> > reflect this.
>
> I'm the chairman of a community-owned non-profit[1] limited company here in
> Charlbury. We have recently changed our Articles (for entirely unavoidable
> reasons). It was a glorious pain in the arse.
>
> I would strongly recommend that the articles should be the most permissive
> possible. Unless you have paid admin staff, this sort of thing is horrid to
> sort out. If you've got to the stage of resorting to the articles to
> resolve
> member/director conflict, then something went very wrong months ago and you
> should have dealt with it then.
>
> Besides, there are much more impactful things people could be doing to
> advance the state of OSM in the UK than faffing around with companies
> legislation, right?
>
> cheers
> Richard
>
> [1] not deliberately, we just don't make any money
>

> --

Gregory
o...@livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com