On 20/08/16 13:33, Colin Smale wrote:

So, ahow *should* they be tagged? What should be done with these
unparished areas? Should the existing relations be reverted? Retagged to
something else? Should we document this and encourage other admin
boundary maintainers like me to replicate the pattern across the whole
country?

As a general principle, they should not be present. Any changes should be in the data consumer.

I can think of edge cases where you had better information about not-parishes than the adjacent real ones, but I'm not convinced that happens often enough to consider.