Hi David,

I know the opinions about the need to create multipolygons are as diverse as there are political opinions. It was just one example where these features cause issues. My main question is simply if there are any plans or ideas by the British community of how to deal with these features, or if there is any consensus whether they are desired or not. If not, would the community oppose someone else removing them?

Marco

On 07/02/17 19:19, Marco Boeringa wrote:
> Lastly, the lack of proper multipolygon creation, means that other types
> of renderers and styles than Carto, and GIS's like QGIS and ArcGIS, that
> do not stack features based on size but need multipolygons to deal with
> polygon-within-polygon problems, have many older detailed features
> covered up by these new ones, as the original data may be hidden beneath
> the newly added ones.

That' a problem with the renderers.  Multipolygons are difficult for
both (human) editors and (machine) renderers, so only be used where
strictly necessary.

---