On 29/09/2017 14:06, David Woolley wrote:

             2. In white on green: RESTRICTED BYWAY/PRIVATE ROAD/NO vehicle access except for residents.  I should appreciate views on the

motor_vehicle=private

Does the sign really mean "no vehicle access" or "no motor vehicle access"?

As I understand it a restricted byway is normally "vehicle=yes; motor_vehicle=no" and I'd normally tag them like that.  Of course there may be other restrictions (e.g. traffic regulation orders) in effect at a particular time.

Best Regards,

Andy

PS: for images I'd normally add them to an image hosting site like imgur.com and link to the result from the email.