On 29/09/2017 19:40, Philip Barnes wrote:

Each needs a case by case survey, any can be motor_vehicle=private or destination.

I don't think that's what http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Rjw62/PRoW_Table is trying to say - it's saying "there are no motor vehicle rights granted by the existence of a restricted byway sign" whereas "there are non-motorised vehicle rights".  I probably wouldn't use "=designated" where it says (though I know many people do), but other than that I'd agree with what it says.  The access column is labelled "Minimum Access Tags", so it is just a minimum.

Re "vehicle", strictly speaking you can legally drive a coach and four down a restricted byway.  Most of the time you won't physically be able to, of course, but that's the difference between what's legal and what's practical.

Best Regards,

Andy