On 30/04/18 18:41, Tobias Zwick wrote:
On tagging implicit speed limits in the United Kingdom, the wiki lists
the following values [1] for "maxspeed:type":

GB:nsl_single (=60 mph), GB:nsl_dual (=70 mph) and GB:motorway (=70 mph)

Aren't we missing a couple of points here?

These speed limits encode vectors, not scalars. As I recall the speed limit is dependent on the type of vehicle. E.g. buses and HGVs are limited to 60 on motorways and dual carriageways: <https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits>. In particular, the signed limit is often only the highest of the limits.

The other thing about these codes, is that they allow all limits to change quickly if legislations changes.