BD asked:

> can some one tell me, what is the best way to map houses in residential area.
> <snip>
> Which one should we consider the most appropriate way to map longer building
> comprised of few properties?

I'm not sure either of your two examples are the best way, and I suspect the
answer is likely to be "opinions vary".

Your example of individual houses would, in my opinion, be the better of the
two if it had house numbers. The long buildings with nodes to mark house
numbers are better than nothing. Buildings with no other information than just
an outline are nothing but visual clutter which makes it harder to see where
still needs address surveying without zooming in close (I'm sure my opinion
will upset a lot of people who spend ages sitting there tracing them, but when
I've come to add house numbers in the past it is often easier to delete the
building outlines and start again).

Here are some other examples you might like to look at.

Maldon, Essex
https://osm.org/go/0EFrpAyFq?m=
Being picky, I think the individual property boundaries are perhaps a bit over
the top, but if they are going to be added then there probably needs to be
access to the house from the street rather than a solid barrier.

Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham
https://osm.org/go/euzN_rS4l--?m=

Nottingham
https://osm.org/go/eu8bMaoJB--

East Dulwich
https://osm.org/go/euuuXeO_c--

Clacton-on-Sea
https://osm.org/go/0EHmQd7ib

Apart from the last I just picked places at random and zoomed in. The level of
detail varies, but what seems to be common is the individual outlines with an
address on each.

I hope this helps,

Ed