Dan wrote:

> The more orthodox use is described here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Addresses#Using_interpolation

Interesting. I'm clearly behind with wiki reading. My views on
addr:interpolation are still based on

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/House_numbers/Karlsruhe_Schema#Using_interpolation_to_mark_many_houses_along_a_way

'We expect this "interpolation way" to be a temporary construct. In the long
run, OSM will have every single house mapped as a building outline, and every
single house will be tagged with its house number, so that interpolation ways
will gradually vanish. However they are good to make a quick start with house
numbers, and reportedly there's existing data waiting to be imported that will
also require interpolation.'

In fact I've gone as far as removing some interpolation ways where the
individual addresses can now be worked out from aerial imagery (usually these
are ways added pre-Bing).

Ed