The bounds of an area don’t mean there’s a barrier there. But a nature reserve
does render on that map in a similar way to a tree line or hedgerow would be
rendered.

I’d leave it as it is. The problem is appears to how it renders, rather than
how it is mapped. It could be totally fine with a different tile set. It’d be
better to try and get the standard Osm map rendering scheme tweaked. They do it
fairly frequently.

Gareth