I am reminded of at least one single way I have edited (there could be more, it was some time ago)... it is a single way used for;

boundary of 2 states of Australia
boundary of 2 councils
boundary of 2 National Parks - note that these 'National Parks' are administered by the individual states and have different rules...

All of these are separate relations... with quite a few shared ways. Messy, but done.

The rendering looks good to me.

While you may have 2 nature reserves adjacent they both need to be on the map, so they can be individually found. So they should not be combined in the data base.

Rendering of boundaries of the same type .. but with less prominence?
Would not be high on my priority list... but doable. The render could should them with the same prominence as one single boundary. Councils and countries usually share boundaries so they would have some thought to combining there boundary rendering.
There must be similar things between England/Scotland/Wales...