On 28/06/2020 15:12, Dave Love wrote:
On Sun, 2020-06-28 at 13:37 +0100, Mark Goodge wrote:

On 28/06/2020 12:18, Dave Love wrote:
On Sun, 2020-06-28 at 09:33 +0100, Robert Skedgell wrote:
Is it mapped or does it appear to be redacted on NLS's out-of-
copyright
OS maps?

Yes, for NLS and current OS displayed by MAGIC.

Is that yes, it's mapped, or yes, it's redacted?

Sorry, it's mapped.  I don't recall ever seeing anything redacted on an
OS map, but I don't remember when and what navigation we used on a
North York Moors walk.

In that case, the next question is, is it visible, either from a ground survey or from the overhead imagery?

If the answer is yes, then map it. You can then use your local knowledge to name it.

Stuff isn't generally redacted on OS maps these days, although it was, once. There's an interesting disconnect on the New Popular Edition here, where one sheet was produced while Lakenheath Airbase was still redacted but the neighbouring sheet was produced after it ceased to be:

http://www.npemap.org.uk/tiles/map.html#191,94,2

You can see it on the 1:10,560 maps of 1949-1969 on NLS as well:

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=14&lat=52.41301&lon=0.56200&layers=193&b=3

Although the 7th Series had the road diversion and gave a name for the airfield, it didn't map any of the features and gave the (misleading) impression that a track still crossed it:

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=13&lat=52.41613&lon=0.54170&layers=11&b=3

Mark